Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holidays (Miami Horror & Cassian Remix)

Photo Credit Chantel Baggley

It's time to address the elephant in the room. I didn't want to say anything yesterday because I was honestly worried it was a glitch in the interface, but I've got confirmation and it's true: I'm now listed on the Hype Machine. Wow. At the end of the day, this doesn't effect my blogging at all. I do this because I love it, I love music, and I love sharing it with other people. What it does effect, however, is the audience I'm reaching. My site traffic has sextupled in the past 24 hours. I'm shocked and humbled. Thanks to everyone who has been with me since the beginning. To everyone else: welcome. I'm so excited about this traffic increase because it now means that I can share the music I love so much with an increasingly wide audience. I'm glad you're here, and I hope that you love what I have to share with you as much as I do. Finally, I hope that I might somehow inspire you to go out there and support your local scene and the artists who's music serves to brighten your day. :)

Anyway, on to the good stuff. If you didn't already know, I'm a huge fan of Australia's Miami Horror. Their album Illumination was one of my favorites of the year, providing me with ample amounts the good-times-had-by-all kind of music I so enjoy. Recently I've been getting into another Australian artist, producer Cassian (if you missed his FANTASTIC funk remix of Swick's Grow Up on my year-end post, be sure to grab it here), so it was quite a treat when I saw that the two had collaborated. Sometime this past fall the Aussies teamed up to remix Holidays, Miami Horror's latest single. It was just released a couple weeks ago as a promotion for both the single and Miami Horror’s Illumination Remixes pack, available here on iTunes. Miami Horror's infectious poppiness and big band panache is perfectly complimented by Cassian’s funk styling and driving bass lines, and the collaboration results in nothing less that a toe-curling mesh of both artists’ styles. This song really does feel like a holiday, as its unabashed joyfulness transports you to another time and place. This is the kind of music that has me bouncing around my room using hairbrushes as mock microphones. Embarrassing? Maybe. Excellent? Most definitely.

Holidays (Miami Horror & Cassian Remix)--Miami Horror

1 comment:

BJ Enright said...

Sweetness. The bass line seems to borrow pretty heavily from "Music Sounds Better With You," which I'm completely fine with.

Post a Comment