Sunday, December 26, 2010

Comedown Sunday: Tear Club


There is 6" of snow on the ground here in Chicago...if that not depressing I don't know what is.
Let me tell you, a white Christmas isn't quite all it's cracked up to me. My bruised bum can attest to that after one too many slips on the icy driveway. I know you kids in Florida and California probably won't understand these sentiments, as you're blessed with good weather year-round, but I am in desperate need of some kind of tropical pick-me-up. When craving an island breeze fix, the best remedy (other than a plane ticket to Hawaii) is D.I.S.C.O.Texas, a production collective based out of Portugal, which includes some of my absolute favorite producers, Moullinex, Xinobi, and Justin Faust. Needless to say, today I've been on a total D.I.S.C.O.Texas kick, and while your side of the states might not be experiencing quite the same types of ball-busting weather, I think you will nonetheless appreciate this one. Kick back and nurse your holday hangover with the smooth flute work and airy vocals of Moullinex's beachy Tear Club.

Sorry guys, no downloading this time. Moullinex's Chocolate EP isn't set to be released until January on Gomma Records, and he's not giving any kind of promo downloads in the meantime. This track nonetheless deserves a listen, or several. Be sure to check Gomma's Beatport page in January to buy it for yourself.

Moullinex - Tear Club by Moullinex

No comments:

Post a Comment