Saturday, December 25, 2010

Difficult (SebastiAn's 2006 Parties Remix)

Photo Credit Rachael Crowther

It's Christmas, woohoo. I hope Santa was good to all of you. I've got some bad news though: there's no way in hell I'm posting a Christmas song on here (actually, maybe that's good news). After 2 months of hearing 'Jingle Bell Rock' EVERYWHERE I went, if I never hear another Christmas song again it might be too soon. So, instead of posting a warm and fuzzy joy-to-the-world type of shtick, I'm going to embrace the darker side of the holidays: Consumerism. What better way to do that than with a song practically dripping in dollars? Paris' favorite bad girl Uffie (the original, better Ke$ha) released her single Difficult in October. The EP included a remix her label-mate SebastiAn, with a title invoking the the glory days of the last decade, before the financial crisis hit and the economy went to shit; when times were simpler and all we cared about was having a rocking good time. His remix highlights Uffie's delivery of the satisfyingly slick line, "Don't worry if I write rhymes; I write checks." I think it's pretty poignant in light of the holiday season, which has increasingly evolved to mean less about togetherness and more about conspicuous consumption. Whatever kind of spirit the holidays move in you, let's be real here: If it really is Jesus' birthday, I bet he'd want us to party. Turn up this song and get down.

Difficult (2006 Parties Remix by SebastiAn)--Uffie






No comments:

Post a Comment