Sunday, December 5, 2010

Comedown Sunday: Destination Pt. II

"Lately I don't know what I should do. I feel it in the air, it's time to go."

Photo Credit Jordan Chark

Destination Pt. II is from the 2-track Destination Single (which was comprised of Parts I and II) released by the now-defunct Damn Arms back in January, 2009. This song was on nearly every chill/cruising/bedtime playlist that I made for the better part of a year, until I kind of forgot about it. It shuffled up this weekend just in time for a night drive, and good thing it did; my highway cruises were incomplete without this song in the mix. I've loved this song since the moment I first heard it, and it still resonates today. It’s ancient by blog standards, but the song’s smooth synths, dreamy soundscapes, and filtered vocals singing about unknown inevitability make this the perfect Comedown Sunday tune. Though the band is no more, Damn Arms' sound is survived by ex-member Yama Indra’s new project, Gloves. He’s been getting a lot of attention recently for remixing fellow Aussies Miami Horror and Bag Raiders, so be sure to support him by checking out his Soundcloud here.

Right-Click to Download: Destination Pt II—Damn Arms







No comments:

Post a Comment