Thursday, December 2, 2010

At My Heels

"I can't come up with any reason why a ghost is following me."

Photo Credit (my dear friend) Doyle Bley

Happy December Everyone. Unfortunately, school/homework has become my new hobby for the time being. It’s frustrating because now I have all these cool new site features, yet no time to post. I know many of you are in the same boat, so with my 5 extra minutes of time today (literally), here's a song that I hope will help ease the studying pains.
Twin Shadow is the brainchild of Brooklyn’s George Lewis Jr., a multi-instrumentalist with a penchant for bedroom-quality production. He creates new new-wave with emphasis on synths and drum machines that sound like the real thing. Some call it ‘dance rock,’ but really the only dancing I’d be doing to this is in my bedroom. His uptempo albeit mournful meditations evoke 80’s legends New Order/Joy Division much more so than Duran Duran. His entire debut album, Forget (released in August), employs the same subtle gloom which the former made so popular. The under-appreciated At My Heels, while never released as a single is nonetheless my favorite off the album. In this song Lewis stretches his silky smooth croon (which has been compared to Bowie’s—listen for it) to its full potential, beautifully ruminating on his attempts to shake off the past.

Right Click to Download: At My Heels--Twin Shadow







No comments:

Post a Comment