Saturday, September 24, 2011

Real Green Aisles

I carved our names into a tree, I walked on decomposing leaves,
I walked upon a frozen sea, it's real as far as I can see.

Photo by Algo

I've been sitting on this gem from Real Estate for awhile, quietly reveling in the warm embrace of what is one of my favorite songs of the summer. The New Jersey trio craft just lovely, pastoral rock, and It's Real, the first single off their sophomore release Days, is a prime example. Dreamy weaving guitars, crisp tenor vocals, and a short but shining chorus are bundled together in a tight musical package that, despite its simplicity, feels expansive and transcendent.

It's Real - Real Estate


I finally felt the push to post It's Real in after Real Estate's second single, Green Aisles was released yesterday. If It's Real is a carefree summer revelry , Green Aisles is its wistful autumnal antiphon. Those pedal-enhanced guitars come into play again, this time with a languor that compliments the reflective, longing lyrics. This pristine pair of singles has me immensely excited for the Days release, slated for October 18th on Domino Records. You can pre-order it here.

Green Aisles - Real Estate

1 comment:

Redondo Beach home inspection said...

Good day. Very cool web site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also…I’m glad to find this article. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment