Thursday, September 8, 2011

Get Lost

Photo by Jeff Luker

I'm not usually one to post something after hearing it only once. Actually, I can't think of a single time I've done it. But I've got to make an exception with the latest output from Mark McGuire, the Cleveland based guitarist better known as one-third of the ambient rock trio Emeralds. He's preparing a new solo LP to be released September 27th, and the first excerpt from it, the title track Get Lost is as perfect as I could have hoped. A trepidatious start gives way to a swarm of fuzzy loops that swirl around each other until pointed strumming grabs the ambience by its shoulders and pulls it to standing attention, building to a swelling, swirling, resonating head before settling down to a twinkling end. If this is what getting lost feels like, I don't want to be found.

Get Lost - Mark McGuire

[via Pitchfork]

Previously: Mark McGuire's Brain Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment