Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fire Fire Fire

Photo by Coley Brown

It's here.

It's here.

It's here.

To say that I have been waiting for this day would be an understatement.
Truth is, I've been biding my time since March, when I first heard two excerpts from Monsieur Adi's forthcoming Fire Fire Fire EP, to be released on Technofavrik, September 19th. The title track, Fire Fire Fire, is perhaps the most powerful, well-executed, and exciting French House track I've heard, well, since Daft Punk. I've said it then and I'll say it now : this song is fucking incredible. Those scaling, harmonized guitars. That commanding kick. The gorgeous, cascading string bridge two minutes in. Adi wears his influences on his sleeve but he does it so well that if I were Daft Punk, I would be proud; if not a bit nervous at the unrealized potential of this wunderkind.

This is it, guys. This is the future.

Monsieur Adi - Fire Fire Fire (Radio Edit) by Monsieur Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment