Monday, June 13, 2011

Rapture

She's been telling her lies again,
Running around with other men.

You know how I like to give little anecdotes in my posts to make them more personal and relatable? Well with the song Rapture, an oldie from 2008, the lyrics speak for themselves.

I've been walking in the rain again
Too bad for the record we were never friends
I want you with your back up against the wall
I want you in the hallways of the shopping mall
She said "Baby, we could never be friends."

The stupendously synthy, over-the-top 80s-throwback-cum-house jam is by French Touch prince DatA, who is busy preparing new material after a pretty quiet last couple years. Vocals are provided by Sebastien Grainger, who you should I know I worship by now, and there's even a great, dramatic remix by Englishman Edwin Van Cleef. An oldie but a goodie, and a pretty kickass soundtrack for sexual frustration.

Rapture - DatA


Rapture (Edwin Van Cleef Remix) - DatA


Stay up to date!
Make sure to Like LOOSE L!PS on Facebook, or Follow on the Hype Machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too much compression on the track...song sounds good, though

Post a Comment