Friday, June 24, 2011

Figure 8 (Discotech Remix)

It never stops...


Anybody remember me? I’m that guy that wrote a blog about a hip hop artist two weeks ago, then proceeded to drop off the face of the earth. Sorry about that. I’ll blame it on the fact that up until a couple days ago, I’d been living without the internet for the first time since the mid-nineties. Not having the internet leaves you with a lot of spare time that you have no idea what to do with. For me, that meant a lot of bad TV (think Auction Hunters, Lady Cops of Broward County, etc.). But I’m back!!!! One of the first emails I checked when I got back into my hotmail was from one of my favourite hip hop artists of the past 6 months who goes by the name Outasight. A NY native, Outasight is a one-man musical army. Although his music is technically hip hop, it tends to bridge a few different genres as he draws heavily from other musical genres, namely classic rock, blues and soul. He also has the rare ability to sing his own hooks, something that I find to be a huge asset for any MC.

The song that I’m posting is an official remix of the title track off of his recent Figure 8 EP. The original is a great song with a catchy piano beat providing a nice canvas for Outasight’s smooth flow and catchy vocals. The remixed version gets a little bit of tender lovin care from Discotech as they flip the piano chords and add in a few touches of their own. The result is a more upbeat, danceable track that can (and should) be thrown on at your next jam.

Figure 8 (Discotech Remix) - Outasight

Stay up to date!
Make sure to Like LOOSE L!PS on Facebook, or Follow on the Hype Machine.

1 comment:

Zechmann said...

Love Discotech!!! Good remix, as always!

Post a Comment