Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mountaineer

Photo by Ellen Kooi

I wrote about Morgan Kibby, a.k.a. White Sea, a few months back when I featured her stomping powerhouse Ladykiller and an accompanying Gigamesh remix. Now I've got another song to share with you, the second single off her This Frontier EP, called Mountaineer. Remember how I said that she's the girl from M83? Well you can definitely hear it in this single. Mountaineer is nearly a complete 180 from Ladykiller, replacing the latter's dark, sexy strut with delicate picking guitars, ethereal synths, and Morgan's voice floating lyrics of teen dreams (very reminiscent of Saturdays=Youth) and disappearing in to the night. A not-to-miss for any M83 fan, or really anyone who is a fan of soaring melodic electronic pop. Which, as far as I'm concerned, should be everyone.

Mountaineer - White Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment