Friday, July 1, 2011

Equinox

I have a thing for instrumental music. (By 'instrumental' I mean music without any discernible or intelligible vocal track.) I know that not everyone shares this fondness; some people can't really get into a song unless there's some lyrical message glaring them in the face, and that's ok. But for those of you that do share my love, and like said tracks a bit on the experimental side, I have quite treat for you. At least, I've had it on near-constant repeat for the past few days.

It's my pleasure to introduce you to Antwerp, a new British producer by way of Italy, who crafts luscious experimental, ambient house. Equinox, the standout track on his debut self-titled EP, out July 27 on Make Mine, is a twisting, beeping journey through electronic soundscapes, grounded by a steady kick propelling the otherwise ethereal piece along at an assertive 125 bmp. At speeds like that, this can't be considered anything other than a dance track, yet this is probably the most intricate and unlikely dance track I've heard all year. Note: that's a really good thing. Whatever genre it falls under, it's beautiful, and if dancing on alien planets to soaring ambient electro is your thing (or really wish it was), this is going to be the tune of summer for you.

Download Equinox below and be sure to pre-order Antwerp's EP over at Rough Trade.

Equinox - Antwerp

No comments:

Post a Comment