Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Together Forever (Grum Bootleg)

Photo by Jakob Wagner

I spend a lot of time on the Metro. I'm not complaining, because this time is great for 2 things. First, people watching. Second, listening to music. Generally, during my commutes I try to only listen to French Touch. I think it's only appropriate. While I have hours worth of Daft Punk and DATA and Alan Braxe and Lifelike and Cassius at my disposal, I keep coming back to this song. I really don't have much to say about it except that it is absolutely, jaw-droppingly, body-movingly, hands-wavingly amazing.

LOOSE L!PS favorite Grum gave this track to Data Transmission exclusively back in December (sorry for stealing DT, can you blame me?!). Apparently he uses it a lot in his live sets, though as it's a bootleg he's never released it as an 'official' work. It is a mashup/genius combination of Together's (the year-2000 collaboration between Thomas Bangalter, of Daft Punk, and DJ Falcon) Together, and James Talk & Ridney's March 2010 release, Forever. Though Data Transmission credited the song with the title "Forever Forever", they also incorrectly cited the name of the James Talk & Ridney song in question, so I'm assuming that Together Forever is the correct title. If I'm wrong, someone shoot me. An email.

Bottom line:
Thomas Bangalter, DJ Falcon, James Talk, Ridney, Grum. Get this now.

Together Forever (Grum Bootleg)--Together vs. James Talk & Ridney



Connect with LOOSE L!PS:
Follow on the Hype Machine
Harass on Twitter
Like on Facebook

1 comment:

Ajay said...

Have been moving to this at work all morning and they think I'm going nuts here! Another great choice...thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment