Monday, January 3, 2011

Moment 4 Life (Star Slinger Remix)

Picture Credit Mishel Vermishel

I’m having a hip-hop love affair as of late. It started with Kanye’s G.O.O.D. Fridays, when I was first introduced to Miss Nicki Minaj. Though her guest spot on Monster was undeniably genius, when I started reading about her I prematurely decided I hated her. She and her alter egos were just too damn weird. But as time passed and I further explored her work, I realized the error of my ways. Her weirdness is what sets her apart from the rest of the female rap/hip-hop world. Well, that and the fact that she can spit like nobody’s business. Now, I can’t get enough of her. As you might have heard, this past weekend Kanye West’s Monster video leaked. I refuse to post the link or video here until the fully mastered version is made available, because it is so amazing it deserves to only get attention in all of it final polished glory. As I was trolling the internet after having watched the video, girl crushing on Minaj and wishing something half as awesome as Monster existed, I clicked on my SoundCloud and what did I see?! The heavens had opened and STAR SLINGER HAD JUST UPLOADED A NICKI MINAJ REMIX. In typical Star Slinger fashion (who is a genius in his own right), it utlizes choppy and repetitive vocals seamlessly tied together by original synth work, glittering chimes, and subtle bass. I went so far as to say this on the track comments…and I mean it. Star Slinger does it again, ladies and gentlemen (and again, and again, and again). In a month he’s embarking on his first US tour, be sure to check out the dates here, as you absolutely cannot miss him. Seriously. This guy is a legend in the making.

Moment 4 Life (Star Slinger Remix)--Nicki Minaj

1 comment:

BJ Enright said...

Really digging this track.

Post a Comment