Friday, April 15, 2011

Golden Eyes

Denver's electro-duo Flashlights are Binary Records' newest addition, and I'm surprisingly digging on their EP. I'm a little leery on electronic music (as I've stated before, that's more Mikayla's alley...rather, it's definitely her alley), and I'm a lot pickier on what I like when it comes to the genre. The fact that Flashlights aren't completely geared for the dance floor is what I like most. Their sound leans more toward the Binary-coined "dreamwave" genre, and it's definitely more haunting and introspective than the electronic that I'm used to. Listen to Glowing Eyes below and be sure to check out the rest of Flashlights' EP, Hidden Behind Trees, here and buy it June 6th when it comes out on Binary.

Glowing Eyes--Flashlights

No comments:

Post a Comment