Monday, August 2, 2010

Jesus Was A B-Boy (Moullinex Remix)


My iTunes crashed today, and every single one of my playlists was deleted. I can’t even begin to tell you how many hours I devoted to making those stupid playlists. I am an o.c.d. freak when it comes to my iTunes library, and I had every song that I thought was worth listening to organized by genre/artist/remix artist/mood/blog….well…you get the picture. Needless to say, it’s infuriating. What’s been somewhat nice though is that in the process of re-organizing my library, I’ve gone through a ton of music that I haven’t listened to in awhile.

One such song I came upon was Moullinex's remix of Ben Mono's Jesus Was a B-Boy. Words cannot express how much I love this song. It might be my favorite electronic song ever; it’s definitely top 3. I’ve been meaning to post it since I first started this blog, and it's a good thing I’m finally getting to it because this song rocks. My mom even jams out in the car with me to it. Which is saying a LOT, as she normally won’t let me turn the volume up past 6. Seriously.

It’s about the lord Jesus envisioned as a b-boy (break dancer) and a Dogtown skateboarder at the height of that era in the late 70’s. The lyrics are fantastic, they’re tongue in cheek but remarkably clever. I don’t care if you think it’s religious blasphemy or not. Turn up your speakers, listen to the song, pay attention to the lyrics, wait for that dirty descending bassline that first makes an appearance at 1:43, and don’t try to tell me that it didn’t get you grooving.

Right Click to Download:
Jesus Was A B-Boy (Moullinex Remix)--Ben Mono


No comments:

Post a Comment