Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Baby I'm Yours

Breakbot - Baby I'm Yours (feat. Irfane) - HD from Ed Banger Records on Vimeo.


It has recently come to my attention that not everyone has heard this song.
I thought that was impossible because it is so amazing.

This song is my favorite release of the year. So far it’s trumped new tunes from some of my all-time favorite bands, including even Interpol, who have been my favorite band since I was twelve years old. Baby I’m Yours is by Breakbot. He’s a French DJ who released his debut EP back in February on the always-fabulous Ed Banger Records. It’s the perfect blend of house, blues, and indie, and with it Breakbot singlehandedly reclaimed the French’s seat on the electronic music throne.

This song came on shuffle yesterday as I was driving in the car with my brother. After a minute he asked, “Who is this?? It’s realllly good.” I was floored. I couldn’t believe he hadn’t heard this. I still can’t believe it. The only reason I had never posted Baby I’m Yours on this blog is because I figured everyone already had it. Apparently I was wrong.

I hope you’ve heard this. But if you haven’t, please do me a favor: If you ever download anything from this little blog, please have it be this song.

Right click to download. Go.
Baby I'm Yours (feat. Irfane)--Breakbot

No comments:

Post a Comment