Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Teenage Crime

"We don't sleep when the sun goes down, we don't waste no precious time."

Photo Credit B.J. Enright

Adrian Lux dropped his “Teenage Crime” EP on Beatport May 31st, just in time for summer. The EP features the Original Mix as well as a few remixes, including one by the king of Progressive House, Axwell. (Axwell is one-third of Swedish House Mafia, and his label Axtone released Lux’s EP).

While the Axwell remix of the song is likely to get more attention on the blogosphere (I mean come on he’s in the freaking Swedish House Mafia), I prefer the Original Mix much more. It’s not that the Axwell remix isn’t terrific, because it is in an IN-YOUR-FACE-LET’S-RAVE sort of way. However, every now and then I like my House music to be a little more subtle. While the Axwell remix is perfect for the club, the Original Mix is a lot better suited for my car stereo.

That being said, this song is arguably my perfect summer anthem. I hear it and immediately reminisce about driving down Dallas Highway 75 in the middle of the night; windows down, music blaring, cigarettes in hand, city lights streaming by, and not a care in the world.

We don’t sleep when the sun goes down, we don’t waste no precious time.
All my friends in the loop, making up for teenage crime.

Click to Download: Teenage Crime--Adrian Lux







No comments:

Post a Comment