Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summertime Cowboy

Photo Credit kel60

“Summertime Cowboy” is an ambient folk-pop gem by the Finnish band Husky Rescue. It’s off their first album, Country Falls, which was released in 2004.

I picked Country Falls up on a whim at Seattle’s wonderful Sonic Boom Records way back in 2005. I had never heard of the band, but they were on the store’s “featured” display. They had a cute name and cool cover art, so I figured why not? I’m glad I went out on a limb, because the album ended up in almost constant rotation for the next 3 months of my life.

The entire album is worth a listen, but “Summertime Cowboy” is the clear standout track. Even my dad likes this song. I’ve caught him singing along on more than one occasion. It’s simple, sweet, and damn is it catchy. It also contains a whimsical universality that I think makes it almost impossible not to like. You may be thinking “How is a song about an intergalactic summer romance with a cowboy universal?” Well my friends, don’t sweat the details. The overarching theme is ‘young love,’ and I think that’s something we can all relate to.

Click to Download: Summertime Cowboy—Husky Rescue







1 comment:

SaraCat said...

Check out lykke li Dance Dance Dance

Post a Comment