Thursday, July 25, 2013

Somebody Loves High Society

We're high society.


By this point, it should be well-known fact that LOOSE L!PS is a huge fan of Neon Gold. It's one of our favorite labels, and some of our favorite people to party with. So when I received an invite to the latest and greatest Popshop (their monthly bi-costal dance party/live music extravaganza) and saw an artist on the bill I was unfamiliar with, I immediately did a Google search -- cause if NG is booking it, it's bound to be good. Betty Whoturned out to be the kind of playful, synth-driven power pop the Goldies are so good at cultivating, and I was hooked. Scrolling through Google Images I had a nagging sense of "I swear I know this person", and after some sleuthing realized why: Betty Who and went to school together. So, internet: Root for the LL Home Team and check out Betty Who. Grab some songs below and if you're in NYC, catch her next Friday at Brooklyn Bowl. It would be rude not to.



Somebody Loves You - Betty Who


High Society (The Soundmen Remix) - Betty Who

No comments:

Post a Comment