Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Radio

Because you heard it on the radio, doesn't make it beautiful.


Have you ever thought that your feelings would best be expressed in a monologue from the made-for-TV movie Sybil, starring a young miss Sally Field as a woman with multiple personality disorder?

Yeah me neither. But I have often felt that my feelings would best be expressed in song. You know which scenario I've always wished I had a song for? When old people ask what type of music I listen to, and when I subsequently tell them, why I don't like top-40 type tunes. Well, old people, this holiday season (during which we are bound to have such an exchange) I have an answer for you, and it would be best expressed in the song Radio from would-be pop darlings, Mansions On The Moon. With their flawless choruses and expert hooks, this band has all the necessary criteria for pop superstardom. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one day they too were in the Top 40, but until that day comes, Radio will serve as somewhat of an indie anthem; harkening to early M83 and a synthesizer-backed Rogue Wave.
parfait.

Mansions On The Moon just announced they'll be playing a show in Chicago at Bottom Lounge on December 13. Follow our Twitter or Facebook (or both!) for more information as we get it.

Radio - Mansions On The Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment