Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Met You


Christy Lee Rogers

Today in the most recent installment of our perpetual "Why Australians, Scadinavians, and French people make better music than you" series, we feature the talents of Anna Lunoe and Flume, two young Australians making names for themselves - both as solo artists and collaborators - in the world of electronic dance music and pop. I Met You sees the duo joining forces for the first time, melding Lunoe's vocals and disco sensibilities with Flume's (who is only 20 years old) stuttering syncopation and lush production style. Let's just say, one would hope this isn't the last time these two team up. I Met You is (was?) probably my song of the summer, with its breezy vibe capturing my laid-back mindset, and the grooving bridges psyching me up for steaming nights. If I didn't know better, I'd say this song will even carry me into fall if I'm not careful.

Which I have no intention of being.

Stream the single below, out now on the illustrious Future Classic, and buy the mp3 before the leaves start falling. Also check out the music video below. I'm not usually a fan of videos, but this one pushes all the right buttons.



Anna Lunoe & Flume - I Met You from Future Classic on Vimeo.



Be sure to connect with LOOSE L!PS
Like on Facebook // Track on the Hype Machine // Follow on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment