Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Be Mine (Ocelot Remix)

Now your voice is like an echo in my head
And I remember every word you said

Theo Gosselin

I know I haven't posted in forever, and thus you're probably itching for some new music (or at least that what I like to tell myself), but bear with me another post while I entertain my own ego by posting an oldie, just because I fecking want to.

I was in a store yesterday when Robyn's Be Mine came on. I was super stoked firstly because Robyn isn't played nearly enough in the US, and secondly because I just really love the song. Within 30 seconds I realized that what was playing wasn't what I had been expecting, but rather the Ellie Goulding cover of the song. This was disappointing for many a reason, not least of all because Ellie Goulding really isn't very good. Sorry guys, I just don't get the hoopla. Anyway, it put me in a rather dour mood, and upon entering my car I had to immediately turn on the Ocelot remix of the song. Unlike the Goulding bastardization, the Ocelot remix is a total banger, staying true to the piece's original melody while making it dancefloor or sitting-in-your-car-singing-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-post-breakup accessible.

Be Mine (Ocelot Mthrfckrs Remix) - Robyn [mp3]

No comments:

Post a Comment