Sunday, February 27, 2011

Love and Leave

"I know that when you wake up you'll be gone soon."


It's the end of indie rock week (but not the end of indie rock posting in general, never fear), and I can't think of a better song to cap it off than Scattered Trees’ delightful, wistful Love and Leave. Big thanks to the stellar 1146 Miles, where I first found this song and read about the band.

Love and Leave might be a little more emotional than your average Comedown Sunday song. To be sure, it’s not uplifting by any stretch. The song practically drips with resignation and heartbreak. Just have a peek at the lyrics,

"I will wait for you to move. I will lay right here just to remember you.
Cause every day you love then you leave me.
I will wait, I'll be quiet. I will play the fool.
Cause I know that when you wake up you'll be gone soon.

But when the strings come in as singer Nate Eiesland laments, "we’ll be the only ones to remember,” who could resist? I know I can't. Scattered Trees are from Chicago. I’m from Chicago. Do you see the love connection here? But hometown fidelity aside, Scattered Trees are very much worth putting on your radar. They just finished recording their first full-length, Sympathy, which is slated to be released in early April. Expect great things. In the meantime, you can check them out at SXSW on March 18th at The Ghost Room.

Right Click to Download:
Love and Leave--Scattered Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment