Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Crave Paris

"Why can't you want me like the other boys do? They stare at me while I crave you."

Photo Credit Camilla Akrans

In celebration of reaching 10,000 fans on Facebook, Belgium’s fantastic Aeroplane released this mash-up entitled “I Crave Paris.” This song combines the vocal track to Flight Facilities' “Crave You” and a sampling of the instrumentals off Aeroplane’s own epic remix of Friendly Fires’ “Paris.” As a general rule I despise mash-ups, but every once in a blue moon, one is created by a DJ or producer who actually knows what the heck he’s doing. Every time that happens, an angel gets its wings. It isn’t very often, but damn if discovering a good mash-up doesn’t make up for having to filter through all the other shit that’s out there.

“I Crave Paris” is one such excellent mash-up. It’s a beautiful, bittersweet lament on unrequited lust.

“I simply want him more because he looks the other way.”

I think I like this song so much in part because it describes the vast majority of all of my sexual encounters; I feel like I might as well be singing this song. For whatever reason, I always want only who I can’t have. Forget the easy targets, I’m captivated by the one person who doesn’t want me back. Call it a string of bad luck or bad choices on my part. Whatever the reason, even if the man of the moment isn’t interested, I now at least have a song that perfectly describes my feelings regarding the situation. So to hell with getting what I want; I’ll just turn on the music and keep craving away.

Right Click to Download: I Crave Paris--Aeroplane








Bonus:
Here's the original tracks Aeroplane sampled for this mashup. They're great on their own as well. Click to download.

Paris (Aeroplane Remix)--Friendly Fires







Crave You--Flight Facilities






No comments:

Post a Comment